- Also read what's new for version 2.0
- Licenses all types of .NET apps, including web services, ASP.Net apps, server side controls and, of course, Windows applications (Windows forms or WPF).
- Includes activation web service, with extensible management application.
- Timed demo installation supported.
- Subscription support and ability to disable installation codes.
- Activation web service runs on any IIS machine, including most hosted sites.
- Incredibly easy to use. Learn and deploy in minutes.
- Tie into the database of your choice, or use the automatic defaults.
- End to end cryptographic security eliminates the need for "secrets".
- Supports .NET 1.1 through .NET 4.0
Flexible Security, from light to cryptographically strong
- Allow installation/unlocking purely based on a product key (no Internet connection required), or require server activation for maximum security.
- Optional passive activation - allows installation without an Internet connection, with activation following when a connection is available.
- Strong security can be implemented using Email or CD/Floppy exchange as well as Internet connections.
- Encrypted connections to the activation server does not require SSL.
- FIPS compliance.
Licensing Components and Distributed Applications
- LicenseProvider support offered for components - but not required.
- Once the client component is installed in the GAC or installation directory, supports licensing of partially trusted software.
- Powerful extensibility model allows creation of server-side plugins to implement new licensing features.
- System identification algorithm can be completely customized. Decide if two systems match exactly, or how close two systems need to be to be considered identical.
- Include custom data in the data sent to the server. This can be used to include product registration as part of the license activation.
- Send server data back to the client. Data is digitally signed to prevent modification.
- Licensing data implemented using XML
- Add your own assemblies to respond to new or modified activations.
Read what's new for version 2.0
Buy the Desaware Licensing System for $1495 (includes one client and one server license)